Neuro-linguistic programming is an instrument for searching and getting a result, which excellently proved it. It doesn’t have any ideology, so NLP teaches means those people who has goals.
In the basis of NLP there are principles of our common sense:
- If somebody succeeded in doing something, thus he did it somehow;
- We can get to know this “somehow” and repeat it.
A technology of getting to know this “somehow” is the sense, the core of NLP.
When we get to know them they become a product: NLP techniques.
NLP training courses envisage certification according to international requirements. There are three levels of NLP courses.
NLP – Practitioner
This course introduces principle NLP approaches to achieving a result. A certified NLP – Practitioner has enough skills for effective usage of ready techniques.
NLP – Master
The second training level introduces the core NLP technologies: how to reveal a person’s experience structure and transfer it to other people for them to achieve the same results. A NLP – Master can create techniques by himself.
NLP – Trainer
On this level of the official NLP education (non-official educating is usually on special seminars and on personal experience) those Masters who are interested to be able to transfer NLP skills to other colleagues, can learn how to work with a group, created training programs and get to know NLP news.
of the Interregional Association
of NLP centers
The Association’s Qualification Standard is based on the following statements:
- In the basis of everyday practice of NLP specialists there is common sense. Under the notion “common sense” we mean a pragmatic thinking which describes by a formula: “The true is what is useful”;
- Qualification of NLP specialists doesn’t depend on their knowledge and methodical hours spent on training courses. We pay attention to their useful skills which can be transferred and worked out in NLP traditions.
- A skill is an unconscious competence in reproduction of patterns, techniques and formats. Conscious competence is desirable but not necessary. But NLP – Master and NLP – Trainer qualifications require higher conscious competence than NLP – Practitioner’s;
- The qualification level of the NLP specialists can’t be defined only by a certificate, but also by other VAK results;
- Any kind of certificate witnesses that its owner wants (or wanted) to have and demonstrate it;
- As a theoretical proof the certificate affirms that its owner has taken part in a particular seminar and has demonstrated enough competence at that time;
- Each trainer has a right to add his own requires to the certification, or to make the “desirable” criteria the “obligatory”. In this sense this standard is a necessary minimum. Welcome to any excesses.
- These minimal standard criteria make to the successful development of different branches and approaches in the field of NLP. We consider such flexibility to be necessary for NLP development and its accordance with modern inquiries;
- Modeling is a sense of NLP. We differentiate it from “techniques, formats and models”. We consider them to be the Modeling products. Thus we distinguish NLP itself and NLP techniques (the last are within the more wide context);
- Interregional Association of NLP Centers welcomes creation and reproduction of transferred skills and achieving VAK results. On this basis it collaborates with any specialists independently on their formal membership of any psychological approach.
Qualification Standard for the NLP – Practitioner
NLP – Practitioner’s qualification envisages the following statements:
- Calibration: a skill of noticing changes in micro- and macro-behavior of his communicative partner and comparing these changes with his own behavior and external circumstances in order to change his behavior.
- Pacing: coordination between his verbal and unverbal behavior and a communicative partner’s behavior for achieving a result.
- Leading: a skill of influencing on a communicative partner (on the basis of calibration and…) for changing his behavior in a desirable direction.
The triad “Calibration - - Pacing” is a rapport state. It can be characterized by a partner’s conscious or unconscious readiness to help to achieve the desirable result.
- Anchoring: a skill of associating an internal emotional and physiological response with some environmental trigger;
- Submodalities: fixation and immediate emotional and physiological response with usage of differences within an imaginary subjective experience;
- Achieving the trance states by formal and informal means (5-4-3-2-1-technique, boredom, overloading, a pattern’s interruption and so on);
- Creating direct and indirect suggestions (Milton – Model);
- Distinguishing verbal and factual realities. A skill of influencing on reality by verbal means;
- Reproducing of any NLP technique written for this level (here we mean widely – known techniques and created by NLP – Masters’ techniques).
As each seminar and trainer has a separate list of NLP – techniques we can’t suggest the complete list of them. All the techniques suggested on the seminars develop a skill of easy reproducing of any technique according to its description or demonstration. The final choice is for a trainer. The approximate list is below:
- Preferable skills possession:
- Collapsing anchors, anchor chains, anchor intensifying est.
- A critical submodality;
- Changing beliefs systems with submodalities, contextual reframing, content reframing, motivation strategies;
- Personal editing techniques (“New Behavior Generator”, Âçìàõ, “NLP Allergy technique”, “NLP phobia technique”, “Conflict integration”, “Six-Step Reframing”, “Change Personal History”);
- Eye – scanning patterns. Eye movements’ calibration and their connection with a communicative partner’s memory and imagination;
- Setting a goal (Strategies for defining goals, Goals specification, SMART);
- Logical Levels (according to Bateson G., Dilts R.);
- SCORE and TOTE Models.
We believe the qualified NLP – Practitioner having necessary skills is able to learn additional preferable techniques. Nevertheless we recommend the trainers to introduce preferable techniques into their seminars.
Qualification Standard for the NLP – Master
NLP – Master’s qualification envisages the following statements:
- Self-educating with a new unknown Model (modeling). Necessary skills for modeling:
- states controlling, including such states as “Don’t know”, “initial state”
- detaching a structure of a subjective experience (modeling process);
- Formalization of this structure (results fixating without unnecessary information)
- Model’s transference to yourself and to other people (creation of NLP techniques);
So main difference between a Practitioner and a Master is, to our mind, Modeling (like a user and a creator).
- Modeling on the basis of Calibration;
- Modeling on the basis of implicit imprinting;
- Modeling on the basis of conscious pattern’s recognition;
- Micro-strategies modeling on the basis of eye-scanning patterns;
- Modeling strategy on the basis of TOTE;
- Modeling approach on the basis of Logical Levels;
- Modeling approach on the basis of revealing Filters;
- Skill transference with external help
- Skill transference with environmental organization;
- Skill transference by exercises (practice);
- Skill transference by auto-suggestion;
- Skill transference by examples (demonstration);
- Creating integral techniques for skill transference.
We pay your attention! It’s necessary not only to know how to model, but to be able to puck out the key points of a new skill, learn them and teach them other people. Means çà transference can be different, it’s up to a modeler.
- Usage of modern approaches to the modeling and transferring: NLP New – Coding, Systemic NLP; ConfinementR-modeling; Meta – States and so on;
- Systemic NLP Skills for modeling and transformation of organizations;
- Skill of revealing memory, remembering, motivation, imagination, testing the decision-making strategies;
- Meta – programs as examples of ready patterns;
- Studying of ready modeling and transference techniques (Walt Disney’s Strategy, a model of working with a Life-Time line, a sound nutrition strategy, “Lucky” model).
We believe the qualified NLP – Master having necessary skills is able to learn additional preferable techniques. Nevertheless we still recommend the trainers to introduce preferable techniques into their seminars if it permits time and the original working style.
Qualification Standard for the NLP – Trainer
NLP – Trainer’s qualification envisages the following statements:
- detaching of a systemic structure of a transferred skill;
- revealing key elements and their connections within the structure;
- impacting on these key elements and connections for an intensive learning;
- working in a group context;
An ability of a skill transferring to one and more persons simultaneously is the sense of a Trainer’s qualification. We just add that a Trainer is like a Master but within a group studying context.
- Usage of Systemic modeling;
- Direct influencing on participants’ unconscious competence;
- Usage of a complex communication (when we appeal to conscious and unconscious attention, past, present and future states simultaneously);
- Rapport with a group;
- Meta-messages usage;
- Encouraging of source states of a trainer himself and of participants’ states.
A trainer’s personal understanding the courses of NLP – Practitioner, NLP – Master and NLP – Trainer. If a trainer is going to work on certificated courses such understanding should be obligatory. In general, NLP - trainer should be consciously competent in a context of his training course.
Systemic modeling practice;
Training conducting experience on the basis of NLP models;
Knowing current NLP news within the Association.
In addition we want to emphasize the qualification levels and certificates are theoretical in spite of real VAK results.